Students started the fall semester in new classrooms at CCV- Montpelier, but on October 4, 2012 staff opened the doors to neighbors and friends for a Community Open House celebration.
Radio station WDEV broadcast live from the entryway, and interviewed students, faculty, staff, and Chancellor Tim Donovan and Secretary of Vermont Administration Jeb Spaulding.
Visitors took guided tours of the new building, lingered by an exhibit of the history of the site (once Montpelier’s Poor Farm), and visited over refreshments.
CCV-Montpelier Facts and Figures:
- 10 classrooms (science lab, two computer classrooms, and art room) with new technology including podium projectors and Wi-Fi connection
- Learning Center with spaces for quiet and group use
- 60 faculty members, most with careers in subjects they teach
- 10% of students are 18 or younger; 49% are 19 to 29
- 60% of students are the first in their family to attend college
- Enrollment at the center has grown 15% in the past 5 years
- Strongest/fastest growing programs at this center: Allied Health, Criminal Justice, Business, Science, Art