Summer is here! It’s nearly the Fourth of July, the corn is almost knee high…and CCV centers around Vermont are celebrating the achievements of students, faculty, and staff. As always, we’re eager to hear your news and announcements—please drop us a note at email@example.com.
- CCV-Montpelier students in instructor Helen Doyle’s Introduction to Environmental Science class worked with Julie Moore, secretary of the Vermont Agency of Natural Resources, and volunteers and staff from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and TimberHomes, to plant more than 100 trees along the Winooski River.
- CCV-Bennington recently celebrated the achievements of 14 students at the Southwest Vermont Career Development Center, where the College offers classes to high school and adult students. On May 29, CCV coordinator of academic services Kate Cooper awarded certificates to students at the CDC who earned college credit this spring in Human Biology, Exploratory Workplace Experience, and Medical Terminology.
- Faculty member Phillip Robertson and his Landscape in Art class hosted a showcase of student drawings and paintings at CCV-Montpelier from June 17 – July 1, which ended with a reception and celebration on July 1st.
- Faculty member Ruth Farmer’s piece “Thoughts about Wonder” was published in the Addison Independent’s Ways of Seeing column on May 9. Farmer is a regular contributor to the Middlebury paper’s opinion column.
- Students in CCV-Morrisville’s Level Up group planted tomatoes and other veggies in their community garden at the Morrisville center. The Level Up program offers community-building, specialized support, and a free class for young men in Lamoille County.
- 2019 graduate Evan Spencer, who earned his STEM studies degree last month, was featured in a National Public Radio story about nontraditional college students. The story is part of a special NPR series, “Changing Face Of College.”
- Faculty member Karen Deets was featured in a June 24th episode of Made in Vermont on WCAX. Deets teaches stained glass classes in Rutland.
- Thursday, June 27th was CCV night at Thunder Road Speedbowl, sponsored by CCV’s Veterans Services Team and featuring promotion by Morrisville, Newport, Montpelier, and Upper Valley staff. Check out the photo album below!
Photos by Tomas Hedin